Meet these 11 Celebs who Want You To Know They’re Proud To Be Bisexual

Evan rachel wood..The “Into The Forest” star first opened up about her sexuality in 2011 during an Esquire interview, and since then has regularly spoken out about it both to educate and to de-stigmatize. A few days ago, in preparatation for bi awareness week, she opened up in a heartfelt series of tweets telling her followers that it’s okay to be bisexual and not to give into erasure or shame....click read more to see the remaining celebs.



Lady Gaga first admitted her bisexual feelings to Barbara Walters back in 2009, and later confirmed that her song “Poker Face” is about wishing she could be having sex with women while being with a man. Despite this, she’s still had to defend herself to critics, and told a Berlin Fan club in 2013 that “It’s not a lie that I am bisexual and I like women, and anyone that wants to twist this into ’she says she’s bisexual for marketing,’ this is a f–king lie. This is who I am and who I have always been.” Her character in the upcoming season of “American Horror Story: Hotel” will also identify as bisexual, according to showrunner Ryan Murphy.



Andy Mientus plays the openly-gay villain Pied Pieper on “The Flash,” but while he’s engaged to a fellow male Broadway star in real life, he identifies less as gay and more as bisexual. “It’s a very unique topic because no one talks about it, but I don’t think it’s as rare as one might think. I believe in a spectrum, absolutely, and that people are comfortable falling somewhere on that,” he said in an interview with Paul Wontorek of Broadway.com. “I never want any of my ex-girlfriends to think they they were being used or that I was confused and not really into it. So it’s important to me for that reason… I can’t tell you how much I hear from kids at the stage door and in their letters, that it’s teaching them that there is more out there than one or the other and if they’re somewhere between, that’s cool and that’s fine.”



Anna Paquin came out during a PSA for equality in 2010, and recently clarified how bisexuality doesn’t go away when you find yourself in a heteronormative relationship, as she has with “True-Blood” co-star Stephen Moyer. “I don’t think it’s a past tense thing,” she told Larry King. “Are you still straight if you are with somebody?… If you were to break up with them or if they were to die, it doesn’t prevent your sexuality from existing. It doesn’t really work like that.”




Cara Delevingne first came out in 2014 as part as National Coming Out Day, but later clarified her feelings about her sexuality during a Vogue cover story in June. When the interview seemed to suggest that her bisexuality might be a phase, she publicly called them out in the New York Times, saying, “My sexuality is not a phase.”




Anazeila Banks..While she doesn’t like to be labeled as “the bisexual rapper,” Banks has no problem being upfront about her sexual preferences, as well as her insistence that people of different sexualities and genders shouldn’t be treated any differently. “I’m bisexual, so it makes sense,” she told Rolling Stone. “But I don’t want to be that girl who says all gays necessarily hang out together, of course! I have people say to me, ’Oh wow, my friend is gay, too,’ and I’m like, ’Yeah, so?'”




Allan cumming..Yup, the villain from “Spy Kids” identifies as bisexual, as he sees “a worrying trend among LGBT people, that if you identify yourself in just one way, you close yourself off to other experiences,” he said to The Advocate. “My sexuality has never been black and white; it’s always been gray. I’m with a man, but I haven’t closed myself off to the fact that I’m still sexually attracted to women.”




Megan fox...The “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” star has been open about her bisexuality since as early as 2009, telling Esquire, “I think people are born bisexual and then make subconscious choices based on the pressures of society. I have no question in my mind about being bisexual.”




Billie joe armstrong....In 1995, Green Day’s frontman told The Advocate, “I think I’ve always been bisexual. I mean, it’s something that I’ve always been interested in. I think people are born bisexual, and it’s just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of ’Oh, I can’t.’ They say it’s taboo. It’s ingrained in our heads that it’s bad, when it’s not bad at all. It’s a very beautiful thing.”





Technically Miley Cyrus uses the term “pansexual,” which some people prefer to make clearer that they are attracted to people of all gender identifications (for the record, bisexual doesn’t have to promote a gender binary — many use it to mean that they are attracted to their same gender and to other genders, rather than just to men and women). In her recent Elle UK cover story, she said, “‘I’m very open about it — I’m pansexual I’m 22, I’m going on dates, but I change my style every two weeks, let alone who I’m with.” She also reportedly came out as biexual to her mother at the age of fourteen, according to an interview she gave to Paper (warning, NSFW!) earlier this year




.
Amber rose,,,Speaking to Curve Magazine in 2011, Rose perfectly demonstrated why bi-erasure is such a problem for younger people who don’t know how to define their own sexuality. “I’ve always been attracted to girls ever since I was little, and I like boys too. But as I got older in my teenage years a lot of the, you know, ’freaky girls’ who were doing all kind of nasty stuff would say they were bisexual so I never wanted to, because I wasn’t into those things,” she said. “It was a weird moment in my life when I didn’t know how to like explain to myself I wasn’t gay, but I wasn’t straight and I just wasn’t like some freak — that you know was just having threesomes all day. For me, if I was in a relationship with a woman then I was just with her and vice versa.”

No comments :

Post a Comment