Ideye to Arsenal: I want to score goals, not prove a point


Olympiacos attacker Brown Ideye feels he has nothing to prove on his return to English ahead of the Tuesday’s Champions League tie against Arsenal, reports Goal.
The 26-year-old Nigerian was divested to the Greek outfit after failing to justify his record fee to West Bromwich Albion.

Nevertheless, Ideye says he is not out to the Baggies or anyone else wrong for offloading him when his side tackle Arsene Wenger’s men this week.

“I do not feel I have anything to prove to people in England when I return to play against Arsenal, and I just want to repay the faith shown in me by Olympiakos by scoring the goals to help them achieve success this season,” Ideye told ESPN FC.


“I am really looking forward to the game against Arsenal at the Emirates and returning to England. I never played against Arsenal when I was at West Brom and it will be a great test to come up against such a strong team as Arsenal.

“There is a lot at stake as both teams lost their opening games in the group and we are hoping we can get a positive result in London.”

The Greek side have won all of their opening league games this season, and Ideye admits the bait of the Champions League convinced him to leave the Hawthorns.

“Playing in the Champions League was also one of the main attractions to leave West Brom for Olympiakos as it the best competition you can play in against the best players.

“I really enjoyed my time at West Brom and playing in the Premier League, and although things did not work out as planned, I have no regrets,” he concluded.

No comments :

Post a Comment